Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On the road to recovery?

Thursday's surgery went really well. Claire seems to be doing so much better. In fact they started feeding her again yesterday and she's already pooped. Ah, the things we get excited about as we become parents. She seems so much happier not to have that breathing tube in her mouth. She's definitely smiling on a more regular basis. Adam and I love to watch her play with her mouth. Her lips and tongue are so new and exciting to her, it's adorable.

Despite her strides after recovery, I am not getting overly excited. The last thing I want to do to myself is start thinking she might come home in the next month or so. I don't think I could take the disappointment of it not happening. So it may sound calous, but I want to stay realistic. There's still a chance something else could go wrong. I hope to God it doesn't, but you never know.

Yesterday, Adam sent out and posted the link to his website, http://askusandshutup.blogspot.com/2009/08/letter-to-our-daughter.html. It contains the sweetest, most honest letter and video. Adam put them together out of the love he has for Claire. I'm jealous he's able to write so well. I feel I should do something similar, but I can't imagine what to say. He said everything. I know it won't be like I'm copying him, but I don't want to feel like I'm competing with him either. Besides, I'm the mommy, I'll always be loved the most. Hahaha, I'm kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment