Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Claire's surgery last week to close her PDA went well. It seems to have helped her health. She looks better than she ever has. I realize that we still have a long way to go so my hopes of coming home early are not increasing. Our next step is to see whether we can ween her off of the ventilator or replace her tube with a trach. I would love to see her off the ventilator, but I have a feeling that won't happen. On Sunday the little stinker pulled her ET tube out; the nurses said she lasted all of 5 seconds without assistance. I can't wait to see the pictures they took while her tube was out. It will be the first time I get to see her full face.

She's been much more awake and alert lately. Now I'm starting to feel guilty because we've been told that she might be bored so we can bring in whatever we think might entertain her. Last night it broke my heart. She was wide awake when it was time for Adam and I to leave. I always feel like I'm abandoning her when I have to walk away and she's awake. I can't wait to see her again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment