Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another update

Claire has been doing great since her last surgery. Feedings have been going well; never knew I could be so happy about poop. She managed to get an upper respiratory infection, but is being treated and seems to be doing better. Adam and I are much more comfortable with trach and G-tube cleanings. Adam did a fantastic job changing Claire's trach on Tuesday. I'm still really nervous about it, and partially avoiding the situation. Last night while doing cleanings with her primary her trach came out and I almost fainted. She got really red in the face, but seemed to recover without a problem.

She's being so well just on CPAP that I wouldn't be completly surprised if we were able to ween her off of it before leaving the hospital. I am not placing any expectations on it, just a wishful hope. Still no word on when we might expect her home. The doctore's aren't ready to discuss it yet. I can't believe she's 3 months old already. She's getting so big and really developing her own personality. I just hope she starts smiling some more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment